The Wombat Post is a publication of the Daylesford and District Community News Association (DDCNA) Inc. The intent of the publication is to provide the local community with a forum for distributing news and information about community activities in the Daylesford and Hepburn district.
The purpose of The Wombat Post is to
- inform the community of news and events that contribute to community building and community well-being,
- promote a positive image of Daylesford and its community,
- contribute to the historical record, and
- provide a medium for advertising activities, clubs, associations, services and trades offered to the community.
The Editorial Team is composed entirely of volunteers. Our Team is committed to producing a quality publication which reflects events, activities and interests within our community.
The Editorial Team will consider all contributions from the community and may also invite contributions.
The Editorial Team reserves the right to refuse any article, letter or advertising and to edit contributions for length and clarity.
The Wombat Post accepts contributions from local members of the Daylesford and Hepburn community and from community groups and associations within the district. Contributions to the Wombat Post should be specifically relevant to the Daylesford and Hepburn community. Acceptable contributions include but are not limited to:
- Stories about news and events in Daylesford and Hepburn and in the wider community that have relevance or are likely to be of interest to members of the Daylesford and Hepburn community;
- Stories about local sports persons or teams or stories about sporting and recreational events which take place in the Daylesford and Hepburn area;
- Stories about local residents, including obituaries;
- Creative works by local authors, poets, artists and performers including prose, poetry, photography, photographs of art works, audio recordings, music videos, videos or photographs of dance or theatre performances; or
- Stories about state, national or international events which have specific relevance to Daylesford and Hepburn.
Submissions should be readable, coherent and checked for spelling and grammar.
Opinion pieces, including letters, should be accurate and not misleading. Highly offensive, discriminatory or defamatory content is not permitted. Where content refers adversely to a person or other entity, a response from the affected person or entity will be sought to provide fair opportunity for reply.
Contributor names will be published with articles unless authors specifically request that their name be withheld. Contact details of submitting authors will not be published.
Unless authorship is otherwise attributed, the Editorial Team takes collective responsibility for all items published in the Wombat Post.
Opinions expressed by contributors are not necessarily those of the Editorial Team or the DDCNA.