A planning application (PLN23 0027) for a childcare centre with 100 places in Hospital St has been advertised.

The  application for  30 Hospital St submitted on behalf of local developer Eddy Comelli is seeking a 2 lot subdivision of an existing 2 acre (8094 sq mtr) property. The site is zoned Neighbourhood Residential and  is adjacent to Doctor’s Gully. A number of properties on Vincent Street south of Hospital Street back onto the property.

The proposed childcare (Lot 1) is  2296 m2 or 28% of the existing land. The remainder of the block (Lot 2) is 5799 m2 or 72% of the block. Although no usage has been nominated for Lot 2 the application notes that it allows for numerous design options including future subdivision.

The application for the Childcare centre consists of a single storey facility for up to 100 children (0 – 5yrs plus a “kinder” area). The facility is to have 28 car spaces (increased from 22 originally nominated).

When contacted by The Wombat Post, Mr Commelli said that there was a definite need for additional child care facilities in Daylesford and he thought that the development would be of benefit to the community.

Public submission relating to this application close 20 November

Current Planning applications that affect Daylesford, Hepburn and immediately surrounding communities are included in the table below. Closing dates listed for applications indicate the last date on which objections are guaranteed to be considered. Objections to planning applications will be considered after that date until a decision has been made.


Application ID Application Description Property Address Closing Date
PLN23/0027 Construction of new childcare centre and Two (2 )Lot subdivision 30 Hospital Street DAYLESFORD VIC 3460 20-11-23
PLN23/0128 Re-subdivision (consolidation) of the land into two (2) lots and the use and construction of one (1) new dwelling on the vacant lot 116 Hepburn-Newstead Road ELEVATED PLAINS VIC 3461 16-11-23
PLN23/0141 Development of single dwelling 190 Mannings Road ELEVATED PLAINS VIC 3461 13-11-23
PLN23/0149 Use and development of a dwelling 9 Deep Valley Lane ELEVATED PLAINS VIC 3461 10-11-23
PLA23/0027 Construction of single storey dwelling with amended design. 248 Eastern Hill Road BLAMPIED VIC 3364 20-11-23
PLN23/0180 2 Lot Subdivision 103 Clunes Road CRESWICK VIC 3363 07-11-23
PLN23/0214 Alterations and additions to a single dwelling, including partial demolition 76 Raglan Street DAYLESFORD VIC 3460 23-11-23
PLN23/0216 Demolition of buildings and Construction of new dwelling 19A Perrins Street DAYLESFORD VIC 3460 10-11-23