The Friends of Wombat Hill Botanic Gardens, Daylesford were delighted with the success of their recent Autumn Raffle. Launched on 20 March at our Gardens Celebration Tea Party, it was drawn at our Taylor and Sangster Lecture on 17 June.
With prizes valued at just over $3000 we were very grateful to all our generous donors, including Farmers Arms Hotel & Art Motel, Lake House Restaurant, Cellarbrations at Foxxy’s Daylesford, Blooms the Chemist, Daylesford Country Retreats, Herbal Lore, Manteau Noir, Wombat Hill House, Blake Family Grocers, Cliffys, Beppe and Paul Gray.
The raffle raised $6,400 which is a wonderful success and all these funds will be reinvested in the Gardens with a variety of projects linked to the Master Plan.
Fund raising by the Friends has mainly been through the sale of plants from our nursery and the Open Gardens we have hosted in significant gardens across the district. The raffle was an innovation for the Friends.
In addition to thanking our donors we wish to thank the public who supported the raffle both In Daylesford and district and across the whole state and especially Melbourne. Prize winners are identified below.
Finally we wish to especially thank our wonderful band of volunteers who organised the sale of raffle tickets, braving the elements for some outdoor selling in the township.
Thank you to everyone for making the Autumn Raffle such a major success.
- Farmers Arms Hotel & Art Motel – 2 nights mid week stay plus lunch for two – Elaine Cleary
- Lake House Restaurant – lunch for two – Candy Broad
- Cellarbrations at Foxxy’s Daylesford – gift voucher – Bern Barry
- Blooms the Chemist – Family/Womens Skin Care Hamper – Simon C/- A. O’Toole
- Daylesford Country Retreats – Simone Lambert
- Farmers Arms Hotel – lunch for two – Christine Douglas
- Blooms the Chemist – Heathcare/baby hamper – Dawn Tye
- Herbal Lore – Gin selection gift box of 4 gins – Lesley Hewitt
- Manteau Noir – Cire Trudon candle “Josephine” – Carli Lamb
- Wombat Hill House – lunch for two – Millie Emery
- Blake Family Grocers – Brendan’s Choise GiQ Box – Dot Rae
- Cliffy’s Hamper – Julie Phillips
- Beppe – 2 bottle wine – Greg Muster
- Stuart Rattle’s book Musk Farm – Laura Cam
- Generous pure wool, hand-knitted winter scarf – soft grey – Christine Douglas
- Generous pure wool, hand-knitted winter scarf – tweedie teal – Mobbsie
- Rosemary Davies’ Book Gardens & Birds of the Macesdon Ranges – Bernadette Gray
- Jill Teschendorff’s book Grow Wild – Sue Beaurepaire
Frank Page is the President of Friends of Wombat Hill Botanical Gardens.