Community Grants totalling over $23,000 were awarded to local groups and organisations in the latest round of Council’s Community Grants Program. Council approved the grants at it’s meeting on Wednesday evening (April 20).
The funding is for children’s programs, charitable purposes, supporting sustainable environment, improving community infrastructure and increasing activity and engagement in the community.
Three local organisations received grants under the program: Daylesford Table Tennis Association, Hepburn Wildlife Shelter and Wholefoods.
Mayor, Cr Tim Drylie, congratulated the successful applicants on their submissions and stated that he was looking forward to seeing these projects delivered. “The community grants program ensures that small amounts of grant money can make a big difference in the community,” he said. “The program provides community groups with much needed funds to deliver projects that might not have been possible without this support.”
The successful projects in this round were:
- A Defibrillator for Daylesford Table Tennis – Daylesford Table Tennis Association – $2,500
- The Day of the Wombat – Hepburn Wildlife Shelter – $2,500
- Wholefoods 10th Anniversary Cookbook – Hepburn Wholefoods Collective – $1,795
- Clunes: Anthology of Works – Clunes Writers Group (auspiced by Clunes Neighbourhood House) – $1,671
- Trentham Timeline Project – Trentham and District Historical Society – $2,500
- Australian Orienteering Carnival – Locals Subsidised Entry – Orienteering Victoria – $2,500
- Seed Collection for the Future – Seeding Victoria Inc. (based in Creswick) – $2,491.65
- Classics for Kids – U3A Hepburn Shire Inc. – $1,800
- Trentham Lions Wood for the Needy – Trentham Lions Club – $2,000
- Additional Relief for Vulnerable Persons – St John’s Creswick Emergency Relief – $2,000 • Open House Shared – Clunes Neighbourhood House – $2,000
The final Round of Community Grants 2021/2022 closes on 28 April 2022. For more information on the Community Grants program visit hepburn.vic.gov.au/community-grantsprogram/