Rotary is holding a Curry and Pasta Against Poverty Lunch on Wednesday December 1st.
Money raised will be used for education and community development in Baguia, Timor Leste. Specifically:
- scholarships to support a student at Middle School US$70.00 (AUS$96) per year and High School US$84.00 (AUS$115) per year.
- citizenship/positive action award lunch vouchers at US50 cents (AUS 70 cents) per voucher. Students will earn a lunch voucher by positive actions such as cleaning a classroom or helping other students. They can spend these vouchers at food stalls. This also will support the local ladies who run these little businesses.
On the day:
- Panettoni Door prizes, silent auction, raffle, and sale of various goods
- You will each receive a keep cup as a CaPAP souvenir
- A video will be shown of the project in Timor Leste
- Maria Hicks will give a short talk about our project.
Curry and Pasta Against Poverty Lunch
Date: Wednesday 1 December
Time: 12.00 noon
Venue: Curry Star Restaurant, 210 Dana Street, Ballarat
Bookings: by Wednesday November 24th to Luigi email: email@example.com Mobile: 04699 20365
If you cannot come and wish to donate to support the students in Baguia please go to: https://donations.rawcs.com.au/38-2020-21 (Donations are tax deductible and RAWCS (Rotary Australian World Community Service) will issue a receipt)
Please book early as seats are limited. Pay at the door by cash or cheque
We would like to thank Venki and the staff at the Curry Star Restaurant and Leopoldina Gutterres, the Principal, and the teachers of Baguia in Timor Leste.