Western Victoria Primary Health Network is supporting Springs Medical to provide home COVID-19 vaccinations for vulnerable persons within the community.
Eligibility to access this service includes, but is not limited to:
- those who are experiencing homelessness, including those living on the streets, in emergency accommodation, boarding houses or between temporary shelters;
- people with disability or are frail and cannot leave home;
- people in rural and remote areas with limited healthcare options, including those who cannot travel to a regional centre;
- culturally, ethnically and linguistically diverse people, especially asylum seekers and refugees and those in older age groups who may find it difficult to use mainstream services;
- those who are not eligible for Medicare and live in an area without access or choose not to access a state, territory or Commonwealth Vaccination Clinic;
- aged care and disability workers, with consideration to all auxiliary staff working on-site;
- new residents relocating into aged care facilities; and
- people who would have difficulty getting vaccinated for other reasons without a visit to the home (those reasons do not need to be specified)
To access this service, simply contact Springs Medical on 5348 2227 and they will arrange a home visit.