Cr Lesley Hewitt has called on the Daylesford Community to support the campaign to upgrade the Daylesford Hospital to meet health service standards now and in years to come.
“The first stage of the upgrade is the preparation of a masterplan,” said Cr Hewitt. “The fundraising goal for this planning phase is $100,000 which we aim to raise by Christmas.”
The goal for the total community contribution for the Daylesford Hospital upgrade is $1.6 million. Given the urgency for the upgrade the aim is to raise this significant figure by the end of 2022.
She commended the strong support already received from the Daylesford Community Bank and thanked Margaret Hodge, who chairs the Bank’s Community Investment Committee.
“Upgrading the Daylesford health campus is important for every person in this area, both locals and visitors. Probably all of us will need the local health service at some stage for ourselves, our family members or for visitors to this beautiful place,” said Margaret Hodge, Director of the Daylesford & District Community bank.
The Daylesford & District Community Bank is offering significant support to this fundraising effort. For every $3 donated from the community, the local Community Bank will chip in an additional $1 up to a total of $25,000 from the Community Bank to fund the Masterplan.
“Our Community Bank is able to give these funds because local people choose to bank with us. That’s where our profits come from,” said Ms Hodge. “A significant portion of Community Bank profit is returned to our district through projects that are important to our local people. Our Community Bank offers the full range of Bendigo Banking services, and benefits flow back to our community. Please consider banking with us so we can continue supporting local projects.”
To donate to the Daylesford Health Campus Redevelopment Masterplan Fund, visit the Daylesford & District Community Bank Branch in Vincent Street, opposite the Museum or visit the online donation page (http://www.givenow.com.au/daylesfordhospitalupgrade). All donations over $2 are tax deductable.
The Daylesford Hospital Upgrade Community Campaign Committee comprises:
- Cr Lesley Hewitt (chair)
- Danny Moynihan (past member of two previous hospital fundraising campaigns and active Rotarian)
- David Hall (past Hepburn citizen of the year and active campaigner for many good causes)
- John King (recent Daylesford arrival with a stellar international management consultancy career behind him)
- Kathleen Murray (leader of the successful campaign to rebuild the Daylesford College)
- David Stagg (retired lawyer, owner of Daylesford Cidery, active Rotarian)
- Celia Waldron (writer and member of Wombat Post)
- Kate Redwood (Board member of Central Highlands Rural Health, former Hepburn Shire Councillor and Mayor)
The campaign to upgrade the Hospital was recently featured on WinNews (click image to watch):