The Hepburn Shire Municipal Emergency Management Planning Committee (MEMPC) is a multi-agency group that facilitates emergency management activities in the Shire helping to help the community to prepare, respond and recover from emergencies.
The MEMPC is seeking expressions of interest from interested community members to join the committee in a voluntary capacity.
The successful nominees will help to facilitate the prevention, preparedness, response and recovery from emergencies that may occur in the Shire. They will also play a key role in the development and maintenance of the Municipal Emergency Management Plan.
The position is for a fixed term period of two years.
Expressions of interest will be assessed against the following criteria by a panel of current MEMPC representatives:
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement/involvement
- Understanding of municipal emergency management framework
- Understanding of the current and future risk profile of the Hepburn Shire area
- The ability to access networks and stakeholder groups within the community
- Experience and involvement in community-based committees.
To express your interest please submit a letter of no more than two pages addressing the criteria above to the Hepburn Shire MEMPC Chairperson via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via post address to MEMPC Chairperson, Hepburn Shire Council, PO Box 21, Daylesford, VIC, 3460.
If you have questions about this role contact Travis Dixon, Council’s Emergency Management Officer, via email@example.com.
Expressions of interest close at 11.59pm on Friday 30 April 2021.